The Body Shop is a shop that has never really been on my radar. When I was younger, I would regularly buy their body butters (my favourite has always been their Coconut body butter) but that was the extent of my Body Shop collection. I've always known they have good products, so I really don't know why I don't shop there more often.
One of my earliest memories of The Body Shop is going there with my Mum so she could buy a hairbrush. She let me pick out something as well, and of all the things I could have chosen, I picked up a perm comb. Yes, really.
After reading and watching product reviews of TBS products, it's left me browsing their website and building a wishlist. What's even better - they are permanently lowering their prices over here in Australia. (Rumour has it that it's in response to Sephora opening their first store in Oz this year).
1. Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - I've always had mixed feelings on using bronzer. My first bronzer was a MAC bronzer that I bought a few years back. I was never that sure on how to use bronzer but I do have to be very careful that I don't put too much on and risk having a muddy looking face. My current bronzer is Benefit's Hoola, but I like the fact that the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder comes in different shades depending on your skin tone. Being quite fair, I would probably buy Shade 01 as it looks like it could be quite subtle.
2. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - I have never used a cleansing balm or butter, but I am increasingly curious about them. I've always been pretty loyal to the Clinique 3-Step Facial Soap but I think it's about time I branch out and try other cleansers. Especially since the price has lowered on the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter it is on a level with the Clinique Soap.
3. Hemp Hand Protector - I have some real problems with my hands, they are often very dry and I have started to suffer from eczema on my right hand. It can get very very red and sore if I'm not careful. I've read some really good things about this hand cream, so I'd definitely like to give it a go.
4. Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue - I'm very guilty of neglecting my feet, so I do really need a product targeted at my feet rather than just using a body butter on them. I've previously used Soap & Glory's Heel Genius which I quite liked. I've heard good things about this product, so I'm curious to know whether it delivers good results. Since summer is only a couple of months off, I really need to get my feet into shape before the sandals come out.
5. Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - I used to use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion as part of the 3-Step routine, I've never really tried any other toner. I know Clinique don't ever use the word toner for their Clarifying Lotion, but it's used at the same point in a skincare routine so I see them as being the same thing. The Clarifying Lotion isn't cheap, so I'm curious to see how a cheaper product will fare.
I'm also open to recommendations - what are your favourite TBS products?